Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Football is Back (and 21 Day Fix Update)

Hallelujah it is the most wonderful time of the year again!

Fall, Football Season, Cooler Weather (eventually...), Holidays :)

Football season is back and I have completely embraced it this year- just like every year!

Last week, I participated in TWO fantasy football drafts, one of which we hosted at our house. This is the second year in a row we have had a good amount of people in our league (mostly college friends) come over and draft all together. We have food, drinks and just an all around good time catching up. Life sure has changed from college and instead of having ESPN on the TV, we had Baby Einstein going for Luke!
David and I dropped the boys off at my parents house on Friday and headed to College Station for the season opener for the Aggies. It was a pretty exciting game to start off the season. I guess the Aggies wanted us to lose a few months off of our lives because they had us stressed for a while there. In true Aggie form, they blew a 15 point lead in about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter to force us to go to overtime. Thankfully, our defense showed up and kept them out of the end zone in overtime and A&M won!
While it was nice to have a break from our two boys, I sure was missing them and was ready to get back to them yesterday. Thankfully, my family sent us plenty of pictures and updates on how they were doing. When we walked through the door to pick them up, Luke didn't seem like he missed us one bit!


It has been a week since I started my first true round of 21 Day Fix and I thought I would write an update thus far:

1. By Thursday (the 4th day) I had lost 3 lbs after following the meal plan and working out each day.
2. I had made 3 new recipes: Breakfast Egg Muffins, Crock Pot Pork Carnitas, and Banana "Ice Cream". I will definitely be making each of these again!
3. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I knew I would not be able to follow my meal plan exactly so I tried to continue to eat well, but not beat myself up if I wanted to eat a cookie or some bread!

This morning I got on the scale and I gained 2 lbs from this weekend...ugh! I was pretty much expecting that because it is SO hard to travel and continue to eat right and work out. After two days of slacking, I was ready to get back to it and see some results.

One redeeming factor to my first week is that I lost a little over 2 inches overall.

My challenge this week is to plan out my meals better especially this weekend since we will be travelling again. I am going to pack some of my own meals to stay on track better. I don't want to come back home and regret my eating choices and see my hard work from the week go to waste.

Goals for the week:
1. Lose 4 lbs
2. Drink more water!
3. Push myself even harder in the workouts...Get stronger!
4. Double up on the workouts that I missed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
5. Plan meals for the weekend

Have a great (short) week! Happy Labor Day!
Luke is 15 Months & Ben is 8 weeks! Love these goobers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS