Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I'm 99% Real Today

Some days, it is the little things that keep you feeling human.

Last night, Ben decided to be wide awake from 2:30 AM to 4:30 AM. It took him over an hour to drink one ounce from his bottle.

Needless to say, Mama needed a little something extra to get me through this Hump Day. Since I can't go get my normal pick-me-up of my grande ice caramel macciato from my beloved Starbs - gotta get back in that pre-baby bod somehow - glamming it up was the next best thing.




I have been experimenting with fake lashes lately. I would love to get lash extensions but A) they are crazy expensive to maintain and B) ain't nobody got time for that. I've had them before and they were so convenient and glamorous but going in every two to four weeks for touch ups is just not realistic for me at the moment.

On days like this when Luke is content watching Baby Einstien in the Pack 'N Play and Ben is asleep in his rocker, I try to take the time to practice putting on lashes. It doesn't always end in success, but I seem to be able to pop them on a little faster every time. My biggest issue is getting the ends of the lashes to stay all day long. When I am out and about, I feel like I have to check myself every few minutes just to make sure they are still on!



The Ardell Lashes 105 is what I am currently wearing, but I think I like the Ardell Demi Wispies better. As a splurge, I bought the Velour Fluff'n Thick Silk Lashes in Fluff'n Edgy. They are "high volume and dramatic style". I really like these lashes because they have a black band instead of a white/clear one that you can see once they are in place on your eyes. It is like having a built in eyeliner... although since I am still a beginner, I still put eyeliner on too! :)
What is your favorite way to up the glam? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS