Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

S'mores Obsession

Since the 3rd trimester with Ben, I have been on a s'mores kick.

I just can't get enough of them! I guess its probably because summertime just has that effect on me. Or maybe because everyone out there is on the s'mores kick with me.


Oh, Mama! On my birthday, I went straight to my beloved Starbucks and ordered the S'Mores frappuchino. It is HEAVEN.



These s'mores bars from Starbs also look so stinking good, but I just can't bring myself to order them. I'm working on getting my pre-baby bod back and I would rather spend my calories on caffeine because Mama isn't getting the sleep she so desperately needs/wants.

Has anyone tried these bars and are they worth it?

 As an attempt to be good about eating healthy, I purchased the Project 7 S'mores Gourmet Gum. While it does have the flavors of toasted marshmallows and chocolate with graham crackers, it had a super artificial flavor to it (duh... its not the real food) and just left me wanting the real thing even more.

 Last night, I decided to give into temptation and just eat a dang s'more. Life is too short, right? After chasing a 14 month old around and pulling him off of the raised fireplace 284,749,823 times, throw in a 6 week old going through a growth spurt and eating every 2 hours, it was necessary.

I gathered my supplies and then an idea hit: kick it up a notch. With peanut butter.



Y'all. It ended up being a beautiful thing. Run, don't walk, to your pantry (I accidently typed panty at first, hehe) or your nearest grocery store and pick up your s'mores supplies. Try it this way and let me know what you think!

The next time I have a good excuse to make a dessert - anyone want to come over for dinner soon? - I want to make this s'mores dessert I saw on Pinterest. Hello, googly eyes!



What ways do you kick up your s'mores game?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS