Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

"Let Them Eat Cake"

In the upcoming weeks, I wanted to share some details about our wedding! I know there are many ladies that are either planning their weddings or planning their "Pinterest Weddings" so these will be the posts for you!

Today I wanted to discuss one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning process, CAKE. I am obsessed with cakes, watched all the cake-making/decorating shows on TLC or whatever the channel, wish I could be one of those talented bakers, etc. So, needless to say, my wedding cake was very important to me. The bakery we chose was called Delicious Cakes in Southlake. We went to a tasting and I was SOLD when they offered Red Velvet cake. Seriously. Obsessed, I tell ya.

For my cake, I wanted total elegance and sparkle and that's exactly what we got! 6 tiers, alternating between Princess (yellow cake) and Red Velvet with a cream cheese butter cream frosting. Incredible. I had a quilted pattern with gemstones, fondant bows with brooches, and a monogram "M" cake topper. I love my sparkle, what can I say! and as Tierra from The Bachelor would say "Don't let anyone take your sparkle away!"





David "chose" an incredible Kahlua Mocha cake topped with fudge icing with the Texas A&M seal on top. We couldn't have a wedding without throwing in some classy Aggie touches!
























We had separate tables for the Bride and Grooms cake and for decorations, each table had a picture of the parents at their wedding cutting the cake. I had seen it at a wedding earlier in the year and LOVED that idea.


What does your ideal wedding cake look like?

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS