Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Holy Wedding Bells

So there are officially 156 days left until the biggest spectacle of my life: my wedding. Please bear with me while I freak the veil out.


According to TheKnot.com, I have 129 tasks on my to-do list. Some of the extremely blaring tasks I have yet to do (that is suggested for 4-5 months out):
-Plan out ceremony
-Finalize menu
-Decide on formal wear for the guys (try convincing your fiance to do this one.. ha!)

Planning out the ceremony is a huge deal! I feel like I haven't been to enough weddings to get a feel of what I want, just what I don't want... I'm not really feeling a unity candle or the unity sand thing, whatever the heck that is. Truthfully, the only thing that I have on my mind about the ceremony is having to stand in heels for as little time as possible. As long as we say our vows and we exchange rings, I'm blissfully content!

Of course, we will most likely want to spend a little more time at the ceremony to get our money's worth, so does anyone have any creative suggestions as to what I could do to fill more ceremony time?

Now, I have to admit, besides finding THE dress and going cake tasting, finalizing the menu has me PUMPED. Who wouldn't be? You get to taste pretty much the whole menu before you have to decide. So much for keeping to my bridal diet plan... As excited I will be to spill the beans (ha! get it? BEANS!) about what we decide, I'm gonna have to keep the food choices a secret for my guests!


Planning a wedding is stressful, and I have no idea what I would do without my momma because she has been a HUGE help. I'm thinking we should start a wedding planning company after all the research we've done! I've also been living on Pinterest since before I've gotten engaged, just getting all kinds of ideas for weddings, parties, future homes, etc. Most of these ideas are so totally unrealistic and I really feel sorry for David because he is going to have to keep bringing me down to earth and dealing with the aftermath of Jordan's Crushed Pinteresty Dreams... this is not going to be pretty!

If you're not already following me on Pinterest, check out my boards here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS